This stems from my frustration at having to place orders from 3 or 4 different retailers, pay shipping and handling on 3 or 4 different boxes, never knowing if I got a decent price on my purchases or not. I don't tend to "shop around" much, I just buy what I like. Often, I pay too much. Add in the multiple shipping charges, and I've paid WAY too much.
That translates to how much I have to charge on my finished products...either I have to charge more for the beads or I have to lower my profit margin to make it affordable to my end customers. That stinks either way you look at it! I want something better for my customers! I want them to be able to spend less money, get more glass, make more beads and make more profits!
So, here is my list of goals for Rose Valley Glass, in no particular order:
- Start slow so that we keep our overhead low and manageable; ie. no debt.
- Carry a wide variety of glass. In order to accomplish this, we'll need to purchase in smaller quantities at first, back-filling as the orders come in and we have the cash in hand to reorder.
- Carry a wide variety of tools and supplies. Same idea as with the glass.
- Only charge EXACT shipping. Refund any overages paid and never charge a minimum order fee or a handling fee, etc. No hidden fees.
- I want to be in close communication with my customers. What do they want? How much can they afford to pay? Is there something they can't find...or can find, but can't afford? I want them to feel comfortable coming to me and asking me to help them. That's a major goal.
- Northstar Precision 104 Rod
- Glass Alchemy Boromax Rod
- Creation Is Messy 104 Rod
- Effetre/Moretti 104 Rod
- Gaffer Glass Coe 96 Rod
- Glow Glass Boro Stix
So, what do you want? Here's your chance to have a hand in what you can purchase! I promise to keep the prices as low as humanly possible, to ship right away, and to help with any issues or questions that might come up! You have my word.